We're too proud, too happy



bitterness, bitterness,
anger, helplessness
the love we had left me sore
depression, frustration, too familiar feelings
now leaving me to doubt our beginning
Weary, faithless, perpetually forgiving
you let me depend on my own
decided how unworthy you were of my trust
yet stood as a reason to give us no rest
Is it possible to spend time apart?
Would we survive- or break down?
would we bother coming back around.
I need the distance, for a sanity check
I also still need to continue paying the rent.


Why couldn't you just have made it simple
believed in yourself, believed in Good Over Evil?
From the very first glance, made everything clear
not denying either of us a chance to disappear


I want to wish for a disconnection


now


I know it's too late 
the poison spread between us
binding our states.


I'm too nice and too scared, and you don't care. 

Comments