Limitedness


I can't escape into this world of plastic
simulations and make-believe, caught up in their own limits. 
There's no way out into any other haven
Freedom only as vast as my imagination,
sucked dry. 
The worst nightmares have come to life
Terrors of bondage, frozen in time.
I used to know of this world,
I used to have control, over the passing times,
I owned the key to my destinies, and held the power to design. 
Both past, and present were mine
and future only just beyond. 
Then, time moved, and I moved with. 
Until I blinked and saw my state. 
In half a moment, I lost control. Time was no longer mine. 
It flew past me, into obscure abyss, 
It left me in its crystal dust, I was immortalized.
Time reclaimed its headless place, 
and left me to my shame. 
I had no throne or reigning staff, I was master to none, 
I had no ground beneath my feet, no propelling force
fully submerged in ignorance, is this what others felt?
The lack of sight into my nexts, uncertainty in passing.
Did we ever really know, 
Memories run away from us, lest they be tainted too.
Tall-tales, long and far gone, what a price we'd pay for them

*I wrote this on stickies a while ago and for some reason didn't upload it. anyway.Also, I am posting it in Courier because reading it over, I imagined it as some sort of lost letter to someone, somewhere, possibly unreachable, lest by luck.*

Comments